Friday, October 12, 2007

Pyjama Day

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm taking the idea of "reliving my adolesence" a little too far. This morning I.... well I didn't really see this morning. I slept until lunch time. Unless of course, you count the wee hours of the morning when I was having trouble sleeping. Oh yeah, having trouble sleeping wasn't something I had a problem with as a teenager so perhaps I'm not reliving those days after all.

It's now 5.30pm and I'm yet to get out of my pj's. Now that's something I haven't done in quite a loooonnnngggg time (unless you count sick days). But it is kinda cool to stay in my pj's "just cos I wanna...." LOL.

I must have been tired though as I ended up having a sleep this afternoon as well. Afternoon sleeps were something I *definitely* avoiding when I was an adolescent. They were strictly for babies and old people!!!! It's taken me a long time to appreciate the merits of them. :-)

I think these school holidays have taken quite a lot out of me. So a rest day will do me the world of good.

I'm hoping tomorrow to introduce you to my newest best buddy...... until then, keep smiling. :-)

6 comments:

Mimi said...

sounds like you had the kind of day I would love to have...
those afternoon naps look better and better all the time don't they...
there is something to say about the way babies and old people spend their days....

Kez said...

I love pyjama days (although I usually do get dressed in case the postman or someone knocks on the door!). I also loooove nana naps when I get a chance to have them!

Anonymous said...

Nana naps are severely underrated. The school holidays probably have taken it out of you, I know they took it out of me and I don't have any kids at school! But September holidays are the busiest around here, and our town's population quadruples - that makes for a lot of stress for a few weeks. Thankfully I think everyone is back at school next week and my town will be relatively quiet for a few weeks before the schoolie innundation starts.

Unknown said...

a pj day is great to have once in a while. My daughter and I do it mosts chool holidays and I'm all for nana naps if you need it :) I had a couple during these past school holidays!

lightening said...

Ooh...well I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to an afternoon kip or having a pj day. :-)

Unknown said...

Nothing like a pyjama day to let you know you are alive.And to combine that with an afternoon nap .... well that is only just short of heaven :-)