Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Free Rice

If you're like me and desperately *NEED* another internet distraction, you might like to visit free rice . Somebody from the Simple Savings forums was sharing this the other day so some of you may have already seen it.

Basically, you have to guess the meanings of words and for each answer you get correct they donate 10 grains of rice through the United Nations to help end world hunger.

The website does come with it's own warning though.....

"WARNING: This game may make you smarter. It may improve your speaking, writing, thinking, grades, job performance..." LOL.

And for those of you who are competitive (unlike me lol), I had a play for about half an hour the other night and reached level 41 (can't remember how many grains of rice it ended up being). Naturally I have to have another go and see if I can better that!

So if you'd like some help with procrastinating.... that will help someone else at the same time..... AND help improve your own vocabulary, give it a go.

Oh, and don't forget to let us know in the comments section how you did (and how many grains of rice you donate).

2 comments:

teachingmum1970 said...

Noooooo! Not another place to procrastinate! LOL I will have a look while I'm "resting" next week.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award, Jodi, well deserved!

Must have missed the rice game on SS, so I had to have a go, didn't I?? Got to level 42 and then slid slowly back down, but donated 1810 grains of rice. Wonder how much that really is?