Monday, October 29, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

I didn't write up a menu plan for October simply because I knew it was going to be a messy month and I wasn't sure when we would be home and when we wouldn't. I have to admit that as much as I dislike menu planning, I dislike NOT having a menu plan even more. I find it soooo much harder to decide on the actual day what we're going to have. And it's so much easier to grab take away or eat a meal that is less than ideal nutritionally.

So, today I decided enough is enough, I'm going to at least menu plan for this week. I decided to have a bit of fun with it, just to create a more interesting menu plan.


Monday: Lightly crumbed portions of fish fillet served with crunchy potato wedges and steamed in season vegetables.

Tuesday: Melt in your mouth Roast Lamb gently cooked in the slow cooker and seasoned with fresh organic chives, parsley and garlic. Served with roast potatoes, carrots and sweet potato as well as freshly picked silverbeet and broccoli

Wednesday: Light chunks of lamb gently warmed in a rich brown gravy and served with creamy mashed potatoes and lightly steamed vegetables.

Thursday: Tasty grains of brown rice gently stir fried with an assortment of vegetables, tiny morsels of bacon and scrambled egg pieces.

Friday: Homemade Pizzas on pita bread topped with tasty tomato paste, bacon, vegetables and a sprinkling of cheese.

Saturday: Homemade Turkey Rissoles served with creamy mashed potato and steamed vegetables.

Sunday: Homemade vegetable soup served with freshly made crumpets topped with a dollop of butter.


I can't take credit for this idea. It was first suggested to me by Mrs Catherine one time when we were discussing ideas for getting out of my "menu planning funk". I still don't rate menu planning up there as one of my favourite activities but it makes for a nice change to occasionally get a bit more creative with my descriptions.

And for a change I thought I'd try participating in Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm An Organizing Junkie. You can find a list of participants with LOTS of menu planning ideas if you visit her blog. You can also find details there of how to participate yourself, should you wish too.

Thanks also to kin as I got the idea for participating in this from her blog. She participates regularly in "menu plan Monday".

** I promise I won't make a regular habit of posting 3 times in the one day. LOL. I seem to have a LOT to say today. :-)

10 comments:

Kacie said...

I love your descriptions! It might take a little bit more time to do it that way, but it can make a good meal even more appetizing!

Anonymous said...

delicious choices this week.

Anonymous said...

that sounds mouthwatering.......... lol

Anonymous said...

Can I come to your place for dinner? That all sounds ssoooo delicious.

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Oh. My. Goodness! Can I send you my menu plans each week and you can write the descriptions?!? My mouth is watering! You sound like a restaurant menu - delish!

Thnaks for visiting my blog. I like your's too and I think you have beautiful eyes! Nice picture!

MrsMomma said...

Oh my! That sounds delicious! I love the creative flair! Glad that you joined this week for Menu Plan Monday!

-Heather

Unknown said...

your descriptions are making my mouth water!!

lightening said...

Glad you all enjoyed the descriptions. LOL. Makes it a bit more fun that way. Of course, a menu plan is only as good as it's institution and I forgot to put the lamb roast in the crockpot today. LOL. So we've had a bit of a juggle around and it's fried rice tonight instead.

Thank you to those of you who are visited and/or commenting for the first time. It's so nice that you dropped by. I hope you'll come again. :-)

Unknown said...

My son would have love to been eating at your home when the Roasted Lamb was being served.

lightening said...

Hey rona - we're blessed here. We have our own lambs so roast lamb or lamb chops end up on the menu reasonably often. :-)