Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Little Miss Forgetful

I was about to write a blog post and got sidetracked with some emails and responding to some comments from yesterdays posts and now I can't remember what I was going to post about. LOL. Not sure if that's a sign of old age. I know they say you lose some of your memory having children (plus the complications they bring to life and the number of things you have to remember). I've also found the depression has affected my memory (and brain capacity in general) - although things are slowly improving as I recover. I've always had a good memory and relied on it so it's thrown me a bit the fact that I now forget things so easily.

On the topic of forgetting things - yesterday my children had school photo's. I diligently wrote it on the calendar and ordered new school jumpers for them to wear for the photo's (ours fade very quickly and look terrible). Then promptly forgot all about it. DD was home sick yesterday so she completely missed out. Fortunately DS happened to be wearing his better school uniform so that's something. Oh well, what's done is done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are not alone! I also suffered with depression for quite a few years and my memory is shocking! At work I have to write everything down and have alarms going off to remind me of things all the time. I have actually lost a lot confidence in my abilities now because of it! I find it very frustrating.
Madly Saving

lightening said...

(((HUGS))) Madly Saving. Looks like we found another thing in common. :-)