Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Here Comes the Aeroplane

I can remember my grandmother playing that game with my brothers when they were still in the highchair. Trying to entice them to eat their dinner so that they were allowed to have dessert. :-) She's a sweetie my grandma.

I'm not sure I resorted to it much when my children were younger. I was of the "if they're really hungry they'll eat" brigade. Tough mum hey? I guess grandmothers get the chance to do a bit more spoiling than mothers do anyway. I remember my MIL feeding my 7 year old one day. My eyes nearly fell out of my head. LOL. Granny can get away with it though.

Anyway, I was reminded of this little eating game, watching my 3 year old at tea tonight. He's concocted his own little version. The fork is a front end loader and various vegetables become things to be lifted (like hay, sheep etc). He's so good at making realistic sounds too. So cute to watch. :-) One of those moments you'd dearly love to capture on video and preserve for all time but you know if you leave the room to get the camera you'll miss the moment for all time.

One of those moments that reminds me why I love being a mum. :-)

No comments: