Monday, July 30, 2007

Vote to Help the Needy

Someone who has been very encouraging to me in my new hobby with the knifty knitter also runs a group that knits for needy people in Brisbane. This group of ladies knit all kinds of things using their own money to fund the cost of yarn as well as postage and fuel costs for delivering goods.

They have applied for a $5000 grant to help with some of these costs (and I'm sure to enable more items to be knitted for those who need them).

All we have to do in order to help them is vote. Here is the link to vote




Please pass the word around. Just a few moments of our time could make a BIG difference in many peoples lives. :-) Voting closes August 31st.

Thanks for your help. :-)

OK -can't work out why the link won't show *sigh*

Website is www.girl.com.au/cash-grant-finalists.htm or go to www.girl.com.au and click on the "vote for cash grant finalists". The group is called "Knitting for Brisbane Needy".

My apologies for my lack of computer savvy-ness. LOL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a great idea! I just went onto that website and voted for the group :) I have my fingers crossed that they get the grant.