Monday, November 12, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

Well, it is *that* time of the week again and I have to admit, I'm enjoying menu planning weeky instead of monthly now. In fact, I seem to be enjoying it a lot more full stop. So I guess perhaps the "creative" touch is helping after all.

I have planned a very easy menu plan this week. It's shaping up to be quite a warm week which means DH will be rather busy with harvest.

Last night was quite an exciting night in our family. ALL of our vegetables (other than the mashed potato) were picked fresh from our garden. This is the first time we've had enough to make a whole meal with. The kids thought it was great. We tried steamed fresh beetroot for the first time but it wasn't all that nice really. At least we can say we tried.

Anyway, here's what I'm planning to serve this week:

Monday: Lightly crumbed portions of fish fillet served with oven baked french fries and a side serving of freshly prepared salad.

Tuesday: Mouthsize morsels of chicken breast meat, lightly crumbed and toasted to a golden brown served with crunchy oven baked potato wedges and lightly steamed fresh vegetables.

Wednesday: A mixture of ground beef steak in a rich brown gravy, encased in a light pastry shell. Served with crunchy homemade potato wedges and a selection of steamed vegetables.

Thursday: Tasty grains of brown rice gently stir fried with an assortment of vegetables, tiny morsels of bacon and lightly scrambled egg.

Friday: Beef patties served in a crisp golden bun with cheese, tomato, lettuce, cucumber and egg.

Saturday: Slow cooked lamb chops served in a rich french onion sauce with a side order of mashed potato and lightly steamed vegetables.

Sunday: Cafe style toasted sandwiches with the filling of your choice.

If you'd like some more ideas for menu planning, visit www.orgjunkie.com .

11 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, can I move in to your place this week LOL !!!!

Kin said...

Sounds great! I'm on my way. I should be there in about, oh, 5 or 6 days LOL.

The Tin House said...

L, another elegantly worded menu plan! Don't the words make a difference. I love the way you stir fry your brown rice "gently"...I am more of a bang it around kind of girl...perhaps that is why I don't like brown rice??? lol xx All Sounds very yum.

lightening said...

Jill - only problem is, the food still looks the same on the plate. LOL.

Kin - You could get here quicker than that couldn't you???? I'm sure you could do it in 3 days if you *really* tried! :-)

Lisa - yes, it is amazing how much difference the words make. LOL about the fried rice. If I don't "gently" stir mine, it ends up all over the bench and the floor. I have one of those rectangular electric frypans that I use but I still FILL it up!!! I think brown rice is an aquired taste. It is a little more chewy but thankfully my kids didn't seem to mind (or notice) when I switched. It's supposed to be high in tryptophan (I think that's what it is) which I need as much of as I can get!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I love your menu plan. You're the only person I know who makes chicken nuggest sound so perfectly delightful!! lmbo

Anonymous said...

Is there such a job as a professional menu writer because you would get the position!
Madly Saving

Unknown said...

congratulations on the entire vegies being from your garden :)

as usual, your meal plan sounds scrumptious!!

Anonymous said...

what a delicious meal plan this week. Have a wonderful Monday.

Lis said...

Might have to try this with my children as I think I get asked every day "what's for dinner?" about a million times. My son asked me the other night as I was standing in front of him, loading marinated chicken drumsticks onto an oven tray! Sometimes I wonder!
Maybe I can eat at your place and they can all fend for themselves :)

Anonymous said...

I'm another one complimenting on your fantastic menu wording!

Sounds delicious!

~~

Natalie said...

Wow! You make that all sound soooo good!