Thursday, November 8, 2007

Apologies from the Management...

The staff and management at "Lightening's thoughts, musings and happenings enterprises" would like to sincerely apologise for recent technical glitches experienced by some of our loyal readers.

Staff.... now there's a thought..... If I had staff then I could have made them put together my blogroll then yelled at them for mucking it up and made them go through and test them all. LOL. Gee, I'd be a GREAT boss to have wouldn't I?

Instead, I've been painstakingly putting it together MYSELF with only MYSELF to blame for the errors and just ME to fix and test them all. LOL. Yes, I'm being a drama queen. It's cos I've had to move sl-ow-ly today with not too much activity and now I have too much pent up energy.

Anyway, the point of this post is to let you know that I *do* now have a blogroll and I *have* just gone through and tested each and every link on there and they ALL now work (at least I hope they do :) ). Some weren't working....but I *think* I've succesfully fixed them.

So, if you want to know what I do with all my spare time, you can have a little lookie on my blogroll. Can't see it? Well, if you look to the left there's 2 little words in my sidebar that say "Lightening's Blogroll". I went and pinched an idea I saw at http://www.treymorgan.net/ (hope he doesn't mind cos I never actually asked if I could pinch his idea - just went ahead and did it. Is that bad netiquette?) and set up a second blog to put my blogroll on.

Yeah, I know. If I had a wordpress blog I wouldn't need to do that. Oh yeah, I *do* have a wordpress blog. But it's NOT this one. LOL. So the blogroll for this one is on another blog, linked to from this one and now I'm going round and round in circles. *deep breath* Aaaaahhhh....that's better.

Now, if I've missed listing your blog on my blogroll, please don't cry..... I never meant to hurt anybody. :( Please don't abuse me or run away and never read my blog again either. Just let me know and I will rectify the situation as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks for reading. :-)

P.S. Thanks for your kind thoughts re my current state of health. I seem to be improving slowly. NO fainting today - yah!!!! And I've written about 2,000 words on my novel which isn't enough to catch me up but is enough to keep me in the game. :) And now I have that High School Musical song about keeping your head in the game going through my head......

P.P.S. Is anyone having trouble with my blog downloading too slowly? I noticed since I added the picture in the header that it's downloading slower for me. If you are, can you please say so and I'll see if I can make changes that might speed it up (or remove the picture if that's what I need to do).

6 comments:

Lil said...

So true about touch typing hey! I've always said that that was the only useful thing I learnt at highschool! LOL.
Luv Lil xox

Anonymous said...

Don't touch the header! I lurve tulips and this just makes me like you more (that and the promise of shoe shopping *one day*)

Stop teasing with the wordpress blog. Just tell me the url already! I get a picture and everything in a wordpress blog not just a name like in blogger.

lightening said...

Lil - glad to hear I'm not the only one. :-)

Kelley - Glad you like the tulips. I like any flower that is PINK! LOL.

http://lightening74.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Checked out your blogroll...just a thought, but it might be nice to authorise the separate blog for your blogroll on technorati, to support the people who are part of your blog community.. but you've probably already done that.

lightening said...

Thank you! No I hadn't done that. I didn't realise I needed to unless I was wanting a technorati ranking (which obviously I'm not too worried about simply for the blogroll). BUT, I have done it now and REALLY appreciate you mentioning it. Plus, I'm kinda feeling pleased with myself that I even had a clue what you were talking about and HOW to do it. LOL. I'm learning - it's slow but I'm learning. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ummm, that way they'll be able to know that you linked to them if they have technorati. It won't be the same as linking directly from your blog (less ranking as the new blog won't have much of a ranking, but won't affect your google ranking which is probably the other reason for doing that 'for those that are really into ranking' and have business considerations), but its nice to do.