Thursday, November 1, 2007

Blogrush

You may (or not) have noticed a new widget appeared in my sidebar a couple of weeks ago. I had intended to post about it to let you know what it was but just after I joined they started to do some alterations to the program so I was waiting for those to finish before I talked about it.

Since then, there has been a bit of negative "buzz" around the blogworld as to how good they really are. To be honest, I don't know. For me as a teeny, tiny little blogger it's not really all that relevant. I think the biggest issue for the larger blogs is whether they're worth taking up space on their blog (as opposed to say other advertising).

Anyway, all that aside, what is it all about? Well, firstly, it's a FREE service. Gotta love free lol. It's kind of an "exchange". You list peoples blog posts on your blog and in return, somewhere out there in the blogosphere, your blog post headings get listed in someone else's blogrush widget. It's about giving you exposure in places you might not normally get exposure. This all happens automatically once you have the widget in place on your blog.

Will it work? I don't know yet. I think it's still early days. BUT, I have found it helpful just for myself - occasionally I click on one of the blog posts mentioned in my own widget (as far as I know they let you actually click on your own which is nice for a change) and find an interesting blog that interests me.

My category at the moment is "home and garden" so the blogs you see in the widget are likely to be topics related to that. I don't get any benefit whether you click on the posts listed in there or not.

Anyway, thought I'd better explain to you what it is all about. I have moved it up in my sidebar at the moment just so that you can see what I'm talking about. It'll get moved down a bit soon. If you want to know more about blogrush, you can click on the bottom part of the box and it'll take you there. I don't get paid if you do that but if you sign up from that click then I do get some kind of bonus "points" or something.

It's not about money. It doesn't cost anyone anything and as far as I know, money doesn't change hands at all. To me it seems to be all about bloggers helping other bloggers to find blogs that might interest them. Will it work? I'm not sure. But you can take the widget off your blog again at anytime so I've decided for now that it's worth a go.

If you want to get one of these widgets for yourself and need help, just let me know. My email address is listed on my profile page - or put a comment here and I'll see if I can help.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for that ~ I've just signed up after reading your posts, so I'll let you know how it goes :)

Anonymous said...

Never heard of that Blogrush before... but I AM impressed you're doing both November blog/writing challenges this month. Good luck!

lightening said...

Ali - I hope it works out well for you. Doesn't cost much to give it a go anyway, does it. ;-)

Alyndabear - welcome. :-) So far I'm finding the blogging easier than the novel although it is starting to take shape (is only day 2 after all). The blogging makes for good procrastination when I get stuck on the novel too. LOL.