Monday, May 28, 2007

Quiet

We've had Nan and Pa (my parents) visiting this weekend so the house has been a hive of activity. The kids excitement level skyrockets when we have visitors. :-) Which is nice but can also be quite exhausting.

Well the 2 older kids are back at school this morning and Nan and Pa have headed off home. DH has taken the youngest with him while he checks the sheep.

So the house is QUIET!!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

It's nice having lots of people around but the silence really is golden as they say.

I looked out the kitchen window this morning for the first time in a few days and the countryside is GREEN! What a beautiful sight. We had more rain last night as well so that was a very welcome arrival. It's good now to keep getting showers to keep everything nice and damp. DH is so pleased with how quickly our crops have sprung out of the ground this year. Getting the crop in a little earlier this year (due to earlier rainfall than we've gotten the past few years) has meant the soil is still warm and the seeds have germinated quickly.

I've noticed a lot more smiles when I'm out and about than I've been seeing over the past few month. Where's there is rain there is hope. :-)

Peace and Quiet, beautiful green countryside and rain. There are 3 things to be really thankful for this morning. What's bringing a smile to your face today?

4 comments:

The Chief's Chef said...

Hi there, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I have just spent the evening reading your blog, I love reading interesting blogs and I really enjoyed yours! I have put it in my feed reader as well. Cheers Cheryl

lightening said...

Thanks very much Cheryl. Glad you like it. I enjoyed reading yours as well. Hope to hear from you again sometime. :-)

Kez said...

Glad you're seeing some green - that must be fantastic!

lightening said...

The green is definitely fantastic. Lots of happy farmers around here at the moment. In fact, it's raining as I type. :-) I hope it's widespread rain. There's nothing worse than having everyone so excited about the rain when you're not getting any.