Sunday, December 3, 2006

Putting One Foot in Front of the Other

That's about all I feel I can manage at the moment. After starting the week feeling so positive, it hasn't been the easiest of weeks. I think in part because my body is trying to deal with the allergic reaction I seem to be suffering from. That and DS having croup the past few nights. There's nothing like interupted sleep to knock the stuffing out of you is there?

A friend in one of the yahoo groups I'm part of has been using the phrase "make it better" in her home. I guess it's a recognition that while we'd like to have things "perfect" in the home, it's not always possible. I've been adopting her philosophy a bit these past few days. Just because I don't have the energy to clear the table right now doesn't mean that I can't pick up a couple of things on my way past and at least "make it better" than it was. It never fails to surprise me how much difference a "bit here" and a "bit there" can make.

December always seems to be a crazy month. It doesn't matter how organised I try to be or how much I attempt to "simplify" my life, there's no getting around the fact that it's a busy time of year. So for now I figure the best thing to do is to keep putting one foot in front of the other and do what I can to "make it better".

No comments: